Self Employment Route Map /Guidebook is a road map for developing immigrant and refugee entrepreneurship that includes Challenges migrants and refugees face when starting their own business and/or looking for a job, and/or applying for a job and also suggestions for solutions to overcome these challenges. In the guidebook, the definition of migrants, immigrants and refugees, the agreements made for immigrants and refugees in the EU and the world, the laws regulated, many difficulties in establishing and managing new businesses in host countries, solutions to overcome these difficulties, and information such as etc.
Migrants and refugees face many challenges when looking for a job in the host country, opening a new business and/or integrating into the labour market. These are:
- Lack of understanding of the local labour market
- Inability to identify the framework and needs of the local labour market
- Difficulties in accessing local business networks
- Lack of start-up capital and necessary facilities to start a business
- Inability to learn the language and culture of the host country
- Training programs etc. deficiencies are the main problems refugees and migrants face.
Through the Guidebook is aimed to facilitate refugees and migrants to integrate into the labour market and set up their own businesses and integrate with local people.
However, the Guidebook contains information to develop business skills and competencies, such as business planning, legal procedures for starting a business and/or establishing a company, and running a business.
The book will be used locally and throughout Europe. The guidebook has translations into Turkish, English, Norwegian, Greek, German, Italian and Arabic.